Thursday, February 18, 2021

Spending My 2020 Tax Refund

 My tax return was filed last week, and I am happy to report I'm receiving a federal refund of $857! What am I going to do with the money?

First, I'm going to cover the $160 I spent to pay the accountant.

Next, I'm going to take $140 for fun money. A proper office/gaming chair sounds good right now!

After that, I'm boosting my home down payment by $300. Note: this isn't an even split with my student loans, since my progress chart goes by $50 squares.

Finally, I will make an additional $257 payment on my student loans.

But what about my state refund of $9? I already spent that on a large soda and lottery tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I Get It OFF Credit?

I paid off my student loans in January, but it seems I replaced one type of debt with another. I attended PAX East in Boston in April. The ...